The New England Patriots play their first road game of the preseason as they take on the reigning NFL Champions, the Carolina Panthers. Will the starters play into the second half? Will Tom Brady actually be there? We’ll find out at the 7:30 p.m. EST kickoff.
Patriots vs. Panthers Game 2016
Start time: 7:30 p.m. EST at Bank of America Stadium
Live Stream: Click Here to Watch
Game Preview: 5 things to watch
1. Will Brady be there? – Last week, we asked if he’d actually play. This time, we won’t even presume that he’ll be there — not until he’s spotted on the field. There’s a report that he made the flight with the team down to Charlotte, but you never know with this team.
2. Will Anthony Johnson follow up his Game 2 performance? – The previously unknown defensive tackle was the star of the game against the Chicago Bears last week. He has Patriots fans’ attention. Now can he keep it for the second straight week?
3. More testing for Garoppolo – The backup QB had a solid showing against the Bears. However, there will be no shortage of scrutiny on him this season. If he can keep up his solid play, that’s a good sign for the first four weeks of the regular season. If he slips up in Carolina, though, he could lose a lot of the good will he’s built up.
4. The running back battles – We know that James White and LeGarrette Blount are hanging around, but can a guy like D.J. Foster or Tyler Gaffney sneak onto the roster? They could get a shot with a strong showing against the Panthers.
5. Can the offensive line figure it out? – With the trade of Bryan Stork, the Patriots seem to have settled on their center. However, they need to figure out their right guard and right tackle spots. The line hasn’t looked particularly sharp so far this preseason. Game 3 will be a good indicator of whether impending doom will be bearing down on Patriots quarterbacks in the regular season.